Capiz governor contracts COVID-19

0
152

Capiz Governor Esteban Evan Contreras has tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

In his address aired over the Facebook page of the Capiz Kabalaka Information Center on Monday night, Aug. 24, the governor called on those who have close contact with him since Aug. 19 to isolate themselves and submit to RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) tests at the Provincial Health Office.

“I am asymptomatic as of this time. I have ordered the provincial health office and the provincial Covid-19 task force to isolate those who had contact with me and were exposed with my presence,” Contreras said.

The governor underwent the RT-PCR test on Aug. 22 after two of his staff at the Governor’s Office tested positive for the disease.

The governor already placed himself under “strict home quarantine” but said that he will continue to handle “administration and governance of the province”.

“Today I join our brothers and sisters who are infected with this virus. I will have to walk the path of those who had been infected as the people’s governor of our beloved province of Capiz,” he said.

In his address, he urged his constituents to follow health and safety protocols and never be complacent.

“The virus does not discriminate. The virus is out there to infect anybody,” he added.Perla Lena/PNA

COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here